Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Summer

For many this is a favourite time of the year, and for me this is no exception. It always seems that the summer and the holiday that it brings are the main part of the year, and everything else is just leading up to it.
This year is no exception, as the sun gets stronger and the clothes get smaller, it is a sure sign that summer is starting even earlier this year. As such plans have been made for trips and holidays, although this summer will unfortunately be significantly different from the others.
Being at University means that I am financially unstable, meaning that the best 3 months of the year will be spent working so that I can support myself for a month or so when I get back. It is not all bad as it would fill the time that would be spent lying on the sofa; however, it also fills up my time that should be spent carrying out my summertime plans.
So, once again money is the factor that is dictating my life, and now it’s not the spending that has taken over, but making it is now the biggest problem. This ironic turn is yet another element that has thwarted my plans for a relaxing summer; in retaliation I think I’ll just stay in bed until 2 o’clock tomorrow, and the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment