Thursday, 26 March 2009

The Difficulty of Leisure

As much as I am considered part of the ‘technological generation’ I have started to find it very difficult to keep up with everything.
I wake up in the morning and connect to the internet; then the fun begins. First, I check my hotmail account, and then move on to the Yahoo! Account, the University webmail is next and finish nicely with a Facebook update. Now this is fifteen minutes of my morning that I will never get back, the problem is if I don’t check I may miss something in between all of the junk that actually happens to be important.
The idea of technology and a World Wide Web is to make our lives easier, but more often than not I find myself getting up early just so I can check all of these various mediums.
However, all deadlines have passed for a couple of weeks equalling a break from work, so in order to make the most of this time I will unplug the laptop, let the emails build up and set my MSN profile to ‘away’ and make the most of some time without the pressures of an easy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment